OptionsHouse is currently offering eleven great promotions. For a trader’s experience on their platform, see our recent OptionsHouse review. In the 2013 Barron’s Broker Survey, OptionsHouse was rated very well. From the survey, they got 4 1/2 stars out of 5 for best options traders, the same as 2012, and 2011. Their commissions are also some of the lowest in the industry, at $3.95 per stock trade.
Which OptionHouse promotion is right for you? Pick from one of the following promotions:
- Get A Free Google Nexus 7
- 100 Commission-Free Trades for 30 Days
- Trade Free for 60 Days Offer
- IRA Promotion
- Get A Free Kindle Fire HD
- Dell Monitor Promotion
- Wall Street Journal Promotion
- Free 13-month Investor’s Business Daily Subscription
- Get A Free Microsoft Xbox 360
- Morningstar Promotion
- Financial Times Promotion
Then enter the promotional code during the ordering process.
1. OptionsHouse Free Google Nexus 7 Promotion
This is a brand new offer. This is similar to the Kindle Fire HD promotion listed below. You need to make 15 trades in a new account. You must perform the trades within 60 days of opening the account and deposit $10,000. New customers only qualify for this promo code. The promotion is not available for retirement accounts including, among others, IRA, Roth IRA, SEP, and SIMPLE accounts; 401(k) and 403(b) workplace retirement plans; UTMAs and UGMAs; fiduciary accounts (including custodial accounts, estate accounts); college investment trust accounts; and 529 college savings plan accounts.
It’s not clear in the promotion which model they are offering, but from the terms and conditions it is Google’s $300 model. If this is true, this Nexus 7 model comes with 32GB of RAM.
2. 100 Commission-Free Trades for 30 Days
You’ll be able to get up to 100 commission-free trades from OptionsHouse for 30 days. The offer ends December 31st, 2013.
New accounts receive 100 commission-free trades for stock or option trades executed within 30 days of funding the new account. You will not receive cash compensation for any unused free trade commissions.
3. OptionsHouse Trade Free for 60 Days Offer
You get this offer from OptionsHouse by putting $5,000 into a new account. You’ll be able to get up to 100 commission-free trades. The offer ends December 31st, 2013.
New accounts receive 100 commission-free trades for stock or option trades executed within 60 days of funding the new account. You will not receive cash compensation for any unused free trade commissions.
4. OptionsHouse IRA Promotion
Open a new Roth, Traditional, SEP IRA, or rollover an existing 401(k) to OptionsHouse. You’ll get 100 commission free trades, and OptionsHouse will also pay up to $125 in transfer fees. The account does not have any setup fees, annual fees, maintenance fees, or low balance fees.
5. OptionsHouse Free Kindle Fire HD Promotion
Open and fund an account, make 15 trades, and you’ll get a free Kindle Fire HD. You must perform the trades within 60 days of opening the account and must deposit $10,000. This offer is only available to new customers. For more rules and details, please click on the link below.
6. OptionsHouse Dell Monitor Promotion
Dude you’re getting a Dell…monitor! OptionsHouse has launched a new promotion offering a FREE Dell monitor when you fund your account. The more you fund, the bigger the monitor you’ll get. The free Dell monitor promotion applies to newly funded OptionsHouse customers. To qualify, accounts must be funded with the full amount, and then make 15 commissionable trades within 90 days.
- Dell E-Series 23″ Monitor – Fund at least $10,000 (promo code DELL23)
- Dell UltraSharp 27″ Monitor – Fund at least $100,000 (promo code DELL27)
- Dell UltraSharp 30″ Monitor – Fund at least $250,000 (promo code DELL30)
While the deal isn’t outrageous, it’s not bad either. If you are in the market for a new brokerage account, you might want to consider them. The Dell UltraSharp 30″ Monitor retails for $1,069.99 on Amazon.
7. OptionsHouse WSJ Promotion
OptionsHouse just announced a new promotion offering a Wall Street Journal (WSJ) online subscription free for one year. How much this is worth? The WSJ typically costs around $300 for a 12-month subscription.
8. Free 13-month Investor’s Business Daily Subscription
Get a free subscription to Investor’s Business Daily (otherwise known as eIBD) after opening an account with OptionsHouse. To qualify you need to deposit $5,000 and do this within 60 days. In addition, you must make 15 commissionable trades within 90 days after funding your new OptionsHouse account. This offer expires December 31st, 2013.
9. OptionsHouse Free Microsoft Xbox 360 Promotion
I’m sure this offer will interest the gamers out there. OptionsHouse is offering a free Microsoft Xbox 360 when signing up. The requirements are as follows:
- This promotion is available to new accounts only
- Only individual, joint, personal trust, and business accounts are eligible
- Deposit or fund at least $10,000 within 60 days of opening the account
- Make 15 commissionable trades within 90 days after funding your new OptionsHouse account
- Signup before this offer ends on December 31st, 2013
While the offer doesn’t list which specific Xbox 360 they are shipping out, I’m assuming the lowest end model (4GB). If that’s the case this promotion is equal to, $193 as listed on Amazon.
10. OptionsHouse Morningstar Promotion
Get up to four Morningstar Newsletters for free (see Morningstar Review for more details). Join OptionsHouse today and get a free one-year subscription to your choice of up to four Morningstar Investing Newsletters. The more you fund, the more free newsletters you can choose.
With your free subscriptions, you’ll get an entire year of independent analysis and proprietary data to help you do more with your trading. And at OptionsHouse, you’ll get cutting-edge technology and incredibly low rates to help you get more out of every trade.
- 1 Newsletter – $5k or more (promo code PICK1)
- 2 Newsletters – $25k or more (promo code PICK2)
- 3 Newsletters – $100k or more (promo code PICK3)
- 4 Newsletters – $500k or more (promo code PICK4)
11. OptionsHouse Financial Times Promotion
Open and fund a new account at OptionsHouse and get a full year of access to essential global news, commentary, data and analysis at FT.com. Know what’s happening in the world of finance – and do a world of good for your portfolio. This is similar to OptionsHouse they were offering previously for The Wall Street Journal promotion. The free subscription applies only to new accounts. After opening your account, you must deposit $5,000 within 60 days to qualify.