To follow suit with the other discount brokerages, TradeKing has released an Apple iPhone and iPod Touch app. TradeKing Mobile for iPhone connects you to all of the following, on-the-go:
- Real-time quotes and charts
- Breaking news updates
- Enter, edit or cancel equity and option trades
- Check your balances, holdings and order status
- View your existing watch lists
- Stay abreast of market drivers, including most active securities, biggest gainers and biggest losers
For those who have an Apple iPad, the app also works on that device, but it does not take advantage of the bigger screen. I suspect the trend with other brokerage houses is that they will eventually release an iPad specific version. From my experience, iPad apps offer a much more enjoyable experience than the small screen restate of the iPhone/iPod Touch version. If I must perform a trade from anywhere than an iPhone and the TradeKing mobile app is your best bet.
From my tests the app is similar to the other iPhone apps from E*Trade and Fidelity. It seems pretty responsive, but I did not perform a trade on it yet. Not to leave Google’s Android operating system out in the cold, TradeKing is scheduled to release this version in 2011. Below are some sample screens of the TradeKing app from my account.