optionsXpress currently has four promotions (see optionsXpress review), but their primary bonus offer is getting $100 when you sign up. As their name implies, they are focused more on the advanced trader.
Once again in 2014, optionsXpress was rated 4 out of 5 stars by Barron’s as the best for options traders, and 4 out of 5 stars for best with international traders. However, from the Smart Money’s 2011 broker survey, they were rated the worst in commission and fees. OptionsXpress was bought by Charles Schwab in 2011 but still retains the name as a separate brand.
For any of the offers listed, no promo code is needed. Just click on the selected button and sign up. For terms and conditions on each offer, please visit the respective URLs.
- optionsXpress $100 Signup Promotion
- optionsXpress 50 Free Trades Promotion
- optionsXpress Free Practice Trading Account
- optionsXpress Free Account Transfers
optionsXpress $100 Signup Promotion (Most Popular)
This is their most popular promotion. Deposit or transfer at least $500 to a new account, make at least 3 trades within the first 12 months, and you’ll get $100. This offer is only available to new customers of optionsXpress. IRAs, other tax-exempt, linked, or shared accounts are not eligible to receive the bonus offer.
optionsXpress 50 Free Trades
Get up to fifty free trades from optionsXpress when opening an account with them. This offer is worth up to $750. To get in on this offer, you must deposit or transfer at least $5,000. See their web site for more details.
optionsXpress Free Practice Trading Account
Sign up with optionsXpress at no cost to you to test out your trading skills. If you are just starting, why risk using real money to test out your skills? Once your account is open, they will give you $25,000 in virtual money to trade. Test your strategies and ideas to see how they work under actual market conditions with basic and advanced options tools. It’s also a great way to test out their tools before depositing any money.
optionsXpress Free Account Transfers
Move your account from your existing stock broker, and optionsXpress will pay for fees incurred for closing out your old brokerage account. OptionsXpress wants to make the transfer process simple and will credit your account. To apply for the credit you must follow their sign up process.
- Create a new account with optionsXpress.
- Login in, fill out the account transfer form, and print it out.
- Mail the transfer form to optionsXpress, along with a copy of your previous stock broker statement.
- Request a reimbursement. You do this by faxing your transfer reimbursement form, along with proof of transfer fee from your old discount broker. OptionXpress fax number is (312) 629-5256.