The more information you divulge online, the more susceptible you are to cyberattacks. This ever-increasing number of risks necessitates the ability to secure your privacy while working, shopping, or when on social media platforms. That’s why you need a security tool like ExpressVPN. In this review, we will look at what ExpressVPN offers investors and whether it’s right for you.
What Is ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN is a fast and reliable security tool that can be accessed globally. You’ll almost never have to worry about exposing yourself to security breaches because ExpressVPN provides a secure tunnel where you can pass private and sensitive data to and from your devices and the web.
Known as a virtual private network, a VPN ensures that users don’t leave behind any trace of their online activity or connection. This premium VPN is affordable compared to competitors offering the same top-notch security features, although it’s not the cheapest option available. ExpressVPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them out for a month before committing.
ExpressVPN Main Features
|Server Locations||The platform operates on 3,000+ servers in 160 locations in 94 countries.|
|User-Friendly Interface and Compatibility||The VPN technology features a remarkably user-friendly interface. The easy-to-configure applications are compatible with all the popular platforms such as Mac, Windows, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. It also works on popular browsers such as Edge, Firefox, and Google Chrome.|
|24/7 Customer Care||ExpressVPN has around-the-clock customer care and support service. Customers have the broad options of live chat, email, or simply going through the detailed FAQ to solve any outstanding issues and queries.|
|Security Protocols||ExpressVPN operates on the next-gen Lightway systems and protocols for seamless connectivity and enhanced security. They also have 256-bit encryption and a kill switch so your data is safe, even if your connection is dropped. And ExpressVPN has a strict no logs policy — that means there’s no record anywhere of your connection or activity while using the VPN.|
|Simultaneous Connections||You can have up to five simultaneous connections to a host of devices, including laptops, smartphones, routers, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and Apple and FireTV. |
|Trusted Server Tech||ExpressVPN is powered by TrustedServer — the software runs on volatile RAM only as opposed to some other VPN networks that function on hard drives. This feature ensures that all user data gets erased and wiped away once you power off.|
|PwC Audits||ExpressVPN servers are regularly audited by Price Water Cooper (PwC) accounting firm for guaranteed transparency and privacy for the end-users.|
|Bug Bounty Reward Program||ExpressVPN has a bug bounty program that rewards those who find any weaknesses in the software.|
|License and Registration||ExpressVPN is based in the British Virgin Islands and only bound to respect the subpoenas and court orders that originate from the government of the British Virgin Islands. The Virgin Islands have strong privacy laws and no data retention requirements.|
What Does ExpressVPN Offer to Investors?
Based in the British Virgin Islands, ExpressVPN offers a ton of rewards for investors. From privacy to access to restricted information, investors everywhere can benefit from using a VPN.
Here are some of the outstanding benefits investors can get with ExpressVPN:
- Privacy — ExpressVPN assures you that governments and other third parties aren’t tracking your movement online — whether you're streaming videos or shopping. The platform allows end-users to go about their businesses without any restrictions.
- Security — ExpressVPN offers 256-bit AES encryption, a military-grade security, to protect you while you’re online. This added layer of security is especially important when you’re accessing your financial accounts. A VPN with military-grade security will help secure your data and keep it out of the hands of hackers.
- Access Blocked Content — As an investor, you can integrate ExpressVPN services on your platforms to help you access blocked content. A VPN is great to have if you’re trying to access content that is restricted in your region (for example if you’re traveling in China or trying to access U.S. websites in Europe). A premium VPN is one of the only ways you can work around restricted region-based content.
- Fast Speed — A fast VPN facilitates rapid transactions and interactions. ExpressVPN offers both speed and reliability for its users. It has over 3,000 dedicated server locations across the globe. With fast and secure services, you can access market data in real-time.
How Does ExpressVPN Work?
ExpressVPN uses 256-bit AES encryption to mask your Internet traffic. The platform uses the versatile split tunneling protocol to ensure your browsing activity is always anonymous to search engines, bots, and other prowling eyes. The VPN has a zero-logging policy for enhanced privacy and security.
With over 3,000 servers located in over 90 countries, users rarely experience downtime. The technology has a kill switch for Windows, Apple, Android, Linux and routers.
The platform is strengthened by additional security rules, including the Diffie-Hellman key exchange, to ensure your data is secured.
Who Is ExpressVPN For?
ExpressVPN is ideal for regular web users who wish to hide their IP addresses when browsing. It is great for people who stream video, from Netflix lovers to soccer enthusiasts. The technology is also great for companies or businesses that operate in zones with restrictive Internet laws, like China. And if you’re an investor, you can use ExpressVPN to protect sensitive data when you’re trading online or accessing your financial information.
ExpressVPN Fees and Limits
- Subscription Plans — ExpressVPN has three subscription plans which go for $12.95 per month, $9.99 per month (six-month plan), and $8.32 per month (12-month plan)
- Payment Methods — They have a number of payment methods, including any major credit card. Alternatively, you can pay with PayPal online transfer, debit card, or even bitcoin.
- Customer Service — ExpressVPN does cost a bit more than other VPN services, but it makes up for the slightly higher cost by offering excellent customer service and security measures. And if you opt for a longer-term subscription plan, you'll save month over month.
- Money-Back Guarantee — There is no trial service, but ExpressVPN does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. So if you’re not satisfied with the service after 30-days you can get your money back.
How Do I Open an ExpressVPN Account?
It’s incredibly easy to open an account with ExpressVPN. You simply need to navigate to their official website to get started. Once there, click on the “open account” button, fill out the form and follow these steps:
- Create your user account and fill out a unique password.
- Enter your provided activation code, then select your geographic location.
- Choose your preferred platform: Android, iOS, or Linux.
- In case you run into any complications, be sure to download and watch the getting started tutorials.
How's the Customer Service?
ExpressVPN has exemplary customer care and service center. It only takes a few hours, at most, for a response to customer service emails. ExpressVPN also offers a 24/7 chat service, where it takes less than a minute to talk to someone live. Their FAQ section is extensive and is likely to have the answer to most questions.
Is Using ExpressVPN Safe?
The robust encryption protocols in place make ExpressVPN one of the safest VPNs around. This VPN has patented anti-leak technology to ensure that you never leave a digital imprint. The company has a dedicated staff to ensure that bugs and vulnerabilities are addressed in a timely fashion. And the team works tirelessly to update the software versions for a seamless user experience.
ExpressVPN Pros & Cons
- Great anti-spyware technology: ExpressVPN gives you protection from prowling third parties. All your shared information passes through secure tunnels to ensure you remain anonymous.
- Robust encryption protocols: The technology works on powerful and efficient 256-bit encryption protocols for added security.
- Easy access to geo-restricted content: With ExpressVPN, you’ll be able to get instant access to any content regardless of your IP address. The technology allows you to bypass the stringent firewalls put in place by autocratic regimes seeking to censure Internet access
- Speedy and consistent services: ExpressVPN is designed to be incredibly fast and reliable.
- Great compatibility: The software is built to work on a wide variety of operating systems, much to the consumers’ delight. You can install and use the VPN on Android, iOS, Linux and many other popular platforms.
- 24/7 customer care and support: If you ever run into any complications, you can readily reach out to the friendly and incredibly resourceful customer care and support team.
- Expensive: ExpressVPN is pricey compared to its peers.
Best Alternatives to ExpressVPN
Bottom Line: Is ExpressVPN Worth It?
ExpressVPN is excellent security and privacy app with many benefits. The platform is remarkably easy to download and install, regardless of the platform, you’re operating on. The software also has a ton of encryption protocols to ensure you stay anonymous as you surf the web irrespective of your location.
Further, ExpressVPN has state-of-the-art features including a kill switch and split tunneling. If you’re looking for a way to secure your data online, then ExpressVPN is definitely worth considering.