Investor Junkie is dedicated to helping individuals make better financial decisions. Through our website, we promote financial literacy to our readers by teaching them how to invest, how to manage retirement accounts, the importance of saving and so much more. In our latest effort to spread financial education, we want to give college students up to $1,000 ($2,000 in total) to be used toward their college education. We believe that education is the ultimate investment and are thrilled to be offering this to the young minds of our future.
We are happy to announce we will award three scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year to help alleviate educational costs:
- First Place — (1) US$1,000
- Second Place — (1) US$750
- Third Place — (1) US$250
In addition, winning essays may be selected for publication on Investor Junkie!
Who Can Enter?
All applicants must be actively enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university for the 2017-2018 school year.
How to Apply
To enter, please submit an essay (800-1,600 words) in English answering one of the following topics:
- How has your upbringing impacted your attitude and feelings toward money?
- The lack of financial education in schools across America is bleak. As you grow professionally and personally, how will you contribute to help solving this issue?
- What is your understanding of investing? Describe for us, at your age, how you have been exposed to the world of investing (could be parent’s profession, personal accounts, etc.).
- What words of wisdom have your friends and family taught you about investing and personal finance?
Submissions will be accepted only via the form listed below. All other methods of submission will be considered invalid and void.
Accepting Submissions: February 1, 2017
Deadline: July 31, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Winner Notification: August 14, 2017
Winners will be selected based on originality, content, clarity of expression and creativity. The winners will be notified via the contact information provided.