We've reviewed a number of online stock brokers over the years, but we realized there wasn't a straightforward and simple way to compare the features. So we've done the research for you and compiled the information in an easy-to-read format.
Stock Broker Comparisons we've Made
- Charles Schwab vs. TD Ameritrade vs. Tastyworks
- Vanguard vs. Ally Invest vs. TD Ameritrade
- Fidelity Investments vs. TD Ameritrade
- Fidelity Investments vs. Merrill Edge
- Wealthfront vs. Vanguard vs. E*TRADE
- E*TRADE vs. Betterment vs. Fidelity Comparison
- Betterment vs. E*TRADE vs. Robinhood
- Robinhood vs. Acorns vs. Stash Invest
- Vanguard vs. Fidelity vs. Charles Schwab
In choosing an online broker, it all comes down to your personal preference. What particular services are you looking for? Do you want to trade options? Are you interested in finding a broker with commission-free ETFs? Is the ability to trade virtually beforehand important to you?
We've also broken down the commissions and fees to help you determine which broker has the services you need at a price your wallet can handle.
Instead of comparing all of the brokers we've reviewed, we've included just the more popular ones. We've included links to the stock broker reviews and the promotions each broker offers. To view the information in a different format, you can visit our best online brokers web page.
We are always looking for ways to improve our reviews and make it easier for your decision-making process. If you don't see a broker feature listed, let us know.